What Do We Do?
Service Learning Action Fund (SLAF)
supports teachers and schools that wish to engage in service learning projects. Grants up to $1,000 are available in the Fall and Spring.
A CICF Donor Advised Fund
SLAF is housed at Central Indiana Community Foundation, a public charitable foundation. CICF helps donors undertake effective charitable giving.
What's service learning?
SLAF defines service learning as
(1) experiential learning with
(2) social/community impact,
(3) connection to school curriculum, and
(4) opportunities for student reflection.
What's a service learning project?
A service learning project:
(1) Offers real world service opportunities as part of class work;
(2) Provides context to education so that students understand local and global challenges; and
(3) Inspires empathy in students.
This fund is now CLOSED.
Thank you for your interest in SLAF!
Let us support your service learning project!